Sunday 25 December 2011

Day 50: Santiago

Notionally a day off, we still did a lot of running around. We all had repairs to do: Nathan tires, chain and welding; Peter tires and brakes; me luggage and some loose nuts and bolts.

My left luggage box had been damaged when I hit a big pothole in Bolivia. In truth, the box itself was limp from the 2008 Africa trip. I should have replaced it before the trip. It never fit the frame snuggly. It was replaced. I was sad to lose all those stickers so this photo is a nice memento.

In the evening I met up with Alejandra, a friend from business school. She took me to a rooftop dance party at her friend's apartment. The best way to get to know about a country truly is by seeing and speaking with locals in their own spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment