Friday 10 June 2011

Nathan's bike and some early season rides

Now that spring (and summer) are here, I've been getting out as much as possible and now more and more as things warm up.

A few nights ago, I ran up to Twin Lakes for the evening (actually didn't get home til 1:30 - still moderately light out. Saw a grizzly sow and her three young. Mum reared up and hissed and swatted the earth and air as I rode by. I felt a lot more exposed on a bike then I normally do when I see bears in a car. A bit of fishing (no luck that night, water was a bit high) and some grilled cheese on the fire... mmm.

Mid may I went down to Atlin for the weekend to camp out and explore - took this photo looking south over the still frozen lake.



In prep for the trip, I've done a few mods including wiring in a GPS, some heated grips and a 12V outlet which should come in handy for charging up electronics.

Oh yeah - and the bike? An '08 KLR 650 - low mileage, bought 2nd hand summer of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment