Sunday 30 October 2011

Day 2: Washington to Carolina Beach, NC (740 kms)

My second day of riding started very wet and cold. But my gear is mostly working well, which is a good thing since I think we'll get a lot of rain on this trip. As I rode into North Carolina the sky cleared, just in time for some college football! I rolled into Chapel Hill and watched the first half of the Tar Heels play the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (isn't that the best nick name?!). It was a sloppy but exciting game full of turnovers, blocked punts, long runs and 40+ yard passing plays. At half time, I got back on the bike heading for the coast. The state park at Carolina Beach was closed for the night, but the beach and town were quiet (it's October) so eventually I found a quiet spot to camp on the beach. Medium surf and bright stars.

2 comments: